A team for runners of every level
A team for runners of every level
Welcome to the 5Rivers Running Team website. We are a USA Track & Field team. Our team membership spans a broad range from recreational runners to veteran athletes who participate in road races, marathons, trail runs, relays, and multi-sport events during the year. Membership is open to all abilities and ages of runners 18 years and above. So, no matter if you are new to running, or a veteran runner, you will feel welcome as a member of the 5Rivers Running Team.
There are no dues for membership, but there is a voluntary $5 per month donation. Donations are not tracked as to donors. Team members can donate or not. All money is used to offset club expenses such as the website, social activities like the annual Christmas Party, and USA Track & Field membership dues.
Practice this week is OUTSIDE AT FAIRBORN HS because it's supposed to be not as cold! 6pm start time (arrive early if you want warm up). It'll still be pretty dark for the second half of practice, so keep bringing your lights and reflective kit.
We are getting new team singlets this year!! Coach hopes to have them available by Feb-Mar. There will be both singlet and t-shirt options. Also you'll be able to get embroidered hats and jackets. Stay tuned for details!
- 23 Feb: Swap Meet & Shoe Drive. Just in time for spring cleaning -- got singlets, shirts, shorts, shoes, headlamps, and other running gadgets that you just don't use or want anymore? Rather than spending heaps of money, let's shop amongst ourselves! Bring all the gear that you don't want anymore and after the Saturday Oakwood run, we'll have a swap meet during our usual breakfast at Flyboys. Also bring any and all shoes that you want to get rid of and I'll collect them to deliver to Soles4Souls.
- 23 Feb: Pub Run: House Edition! It's like our regular downtown Dayton pub runs, but with a super fun twist because instead of the bars, we'll be going to the homes of all our teammates that live in the downtown area.
HELP A TEAMMATE
Our teammate Andrew is trying to raise $2600 for Team for Kids as he prepares for the New York City Marathon in 2019. Andrew is supporting this charity because he wants to promote a healthy lifestyle to children through his healthy running lifestyle. Team for Kids promotes a healthy lifestyle through running and physical activity and provides character-building programs for children in New York City and other cities across the country. The funds raised will provide training for teachers, coaches, field managers, and coordinators; entry fees and transport to races and related sporting events for the kids; incentives for children to encourage them to attend events and practices, demonstrate sportsmanship, and strive for fitness and personal milestones; resources to establish programs in areas of greatest need. If you'd like to support Andrew's efforts, here's the donation link: https://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/65788
- 17-18 May: Ragnar Kentuckiana. Team Captains are Katie Hitzeman, Val, and Kylie! https://www.runragnar.com/event-detail/trail/kentuckiana_ky#overview
- June TBD: 5 Rivers Bandit Relay
- 23-24 August: Hood to Coast https://hoodtocoastrelay.com/htc/ Please get your $160 to Alex to hold your spot on the team (Andrew!!!).
- 18-19 October: Bourbon Chase https://bourbonchase.com Sean is the captain. If you've expressed interest, pay Sean to secure your spot.
UPCOMING GROUP RACES
- 3 Mar: Little Miami 10 Miler in Yellow Springs http://orrrc.org/event/little-miami-10-mile/
- 16 March: Asheville Marathon (and Half) in Asheville, NC. Get with Matt Paul for details. http://ashevillemarathon.com
- 30 March: Bluegrass Half Marathon & 7 Miler in Lexington, KY. Get with Brian Rhodes for details. If you already signed up, go back to your registration and make sure you're part of 5 Rivers -- we're officially listed as one of the team options for the race! https://www.runthebluegrass.org
- 28 April: Glass City Half and Marathon in Toledo, OH https://glasscitymarathon.org
- 5 May: Flying Pig Half and Full Marathon in Cincinnati, OH http://flyingpigmarathon.com
- 5 May: Pittsburgh Half and Full in Pittsburgh, PA. Get with Jackson for details. https://www.thepittsburghmarathon.com
- 19 May: Bay to Breakers in San Francisco, CA. Get with Vido for details. https://www.baytobreakers.com
- 19 May: Cleveland Marathon in Cleveland, OH. Get with Jen Solanics for details. https://www.clevelandmarathon.com
- 13 October: Dayton River Corridor Classic Half and 5k. Get with Jeff for details. https://www.rundayton.org
Group runs are held on Saturday mornings starting at 8:30 AM. Meet at the Oakwood High School track located behind the high school. Each week the group runs different courses in the Oakwood, Kettering, and University of Dayton area. Distances range from 4 to 6 miles plus at a conversational pace. After the run the group meets for breakfast and camarderie at FlyBoys. Contact Jeff Lucas for further details.