A team for runners of every level
A team for runners of every level
Welcome to the 5Rivers Running Team website. We are a USA Track & Field team. Our team membership spans a broad range from recreational runners to veteran athletes who participate in road races, marathons, trail runs, relays, and multi-sport events during the year. Membership is open to all abilities and ages of runners 18 years and above. So, no matter if you are new to running, or a veteran runner, you will feel welcome as a member of the 5Rivers Running Team.
There are no dues for membership, but there is a voluntary $5 per month donation. Donations are not tracked as to donors. Team members can donate or not. All money is used to offset club expenses such as the website, social activities like the annual Christmas Party, and USA Track & Field membership dues.
- Official 5 Rivers gear is here! (www.runpl.us/5Rivers) Runners Plus has samples at the Fairborn location so you can try them on before placing your order. You can pay for shipping directly to your house or you can do store pick-up. Also you can add the 5 Rivers logo to any in-store purchases for $7. We're looking to do a deep discount week in mid-June; soon as I get the dates confirmed, I'll let you know! New Father's Day running shoes, yes yes?
TEAM SERVICE PROJECT
- Tuesday, 18 June: 6-8:30pm we are going to do a service project at Glen Helen. I asked for trail maintenance, but given the storms, we may end up working on something else that they need. More details soon!
24 June: Nutrition Talk for 5 Rivers by Michelle Kitze! Come learn about nutrition considerations for endurance athletes like us from one of our own teammates. We'll head to Flyboys after practice and learn from Michelle's wealth of knowledge.
- 1 July: Jackson's going away (yes, he's coming back to go away again). Details TBD.
- 17 July: Blake and Jaime's Diaper Party at Flyboys (Fairfield location) after practice.
- Coming Soon: Lindsey and Pat's Diaper Party.
HELP A TEAMMATE
Our teammate Andrew is trying to raise $2600 for Team for Kids as he prepares for the New York City Marathon in 2019. Andrew is supporting this charity because he wants to promote a healthy lifestyle to children through his healthy running lifestyle. Team for Kids promotes a healthy lifestyle through running and physical activity and provides character-building programs for children in New York City and other cities across the country. The funds raised will provide training for teachers, coaches, field managers, and coordinators; entry fees and transport to races and related sporting events for the kids; incentives for children to encourage them to attend events and practices, demonstrate sportsmanship, and strive for fitness and personal milestones; resources to establish programs in areas of greatest need. If you'd like to support Andrew's efforts, here's the donation link: https://runwithtfk.org/Profile/PublicPage/65788
- 17 June: Chase the Moon with Ragnar. Ragnar is collecting miles on 17 June to raise money for the charity "100 Mile Club." We already have practice that day, so if you'd like those miles (or any others you run on June 17) to count towards the charity effort, please sign up here: https://challenges.runragnar.com/2019/chase-the-moon-2019/- 23-24
- 27 June: Law Enforcement Torch Run fundraiser for Special Olympics. The run will start at Centerville PD around 11am (waiting for the torch to pass from Warren County's leg) and Centerville PD will carry it to downtown Dayton to hand off to Dayton PD. The run is about 11 miles on the road in a procession. There are two buses traveling with the group though, so you can take a break if needed! It'll cost $20-25 to register and Katie Gerspacher will have more details closer to the event.
August: Hood to Coast https://hoodtocoastrelay.com/htc/ Please get your $160 to Alex to hold your spot on the team (Andrew!!!).
- 13 October: Dayton River Corridor Classic Half and 5k. Get with Jeff for details. https://www.rundayton.org
- 18-19 October: Bourbon Chase https://bourbonchase.com Sean is the captain. If you've expressed interest, pay Sean to secure your spot.
- 9 November: Monumental Marathon & Half. Get with Tiffany for details. https://monumentalmarathon.com
- 16 November: The Ezra J. Hartke Race for Hope 5k and 10k in honor of Nikki's cousin. Join the 5 Rivers team when you sign up and you'll get a discount.
- 27 June: Mile Dash for Cash at EASTWOOD METRO PARK (location change!!!) at 7pm. https://orrrc.org/event/1-mile-dash/
- TBD. That's how it works. At some point between 19 May and 1 July, we're doing an Outlaw Mob Run. (Thanks for the super fun idea, Pat!) The run will be at some point on a weekend (anytime from Friday evening through Sunday evening). It will be 5-6 miles. You will find out the start time and location one day in advance. And then, you just have to show up.
- Keep an eye on the Facebook page for posts from Miriam about cycling with 5 Rivers. The goal is usually Thursdays, but weather dependent may be Tuesdays instead.
Also, remember, we're working on 5 Rivers cycling jerseys for all our triathletes and those that cycle for cross-training. Pat made a sweet logo (see below); Pete is finalizing the overall design and figuring out cost. Stay tuned!
Group runs are held on Saturday mornings starting at 8:00 AM. Meet at the Oakwood High School track located behind the high school. Each week the group runs different courses in the Oakwood, Kettering, and University of Dayton area. Distances range from 4 to 6 miles plus at a conversational pace. After the run the group meets for breakfast and camarderie at FlyBoys. Contact Jeff Lucas for further details.